|Marco Rubio, born May 28, 1971, in Miami, Florida; attorney and Senator from Florida and father of 4 children: Amanda 15, Daniella 13, Anthony 9, and Dominic 7. .|
He was elected to the Florida House of Representatives in 2000 and left in 2008 due to term limits. Then he taught at the Forida International University and started a new law firm. In 2010 he became a US Senator and chairs a subcommittee on oceans, atmosphere, fisheries, the Coast guard, and also the foreign Relations on transnational Crime, Civilian Security, Democracy, Human Rights and Global women's Issues.
In 2012, he wrote a book, "An american Son," a memoir, and received $800,000 in advance which he used to pay off his $100,000 student debt loan and fishing boat. He's also written another one, "American Dreams: Restoring Economic Opportunity for Everyone " a paperback.
On April 13, 2015, he decided to run for president, having been a senator for 6 years. He's also a strong supporter of Israel, feeling it is within our national security interest that Israel is strong, and also that we have a moral obligation to make Israel safe and secure for the Jewish people in view of what happened during the Holocaust. He stands with Israel and feels the USA should do the same. He's for unconditional USA support of Israel.
Rubio will act on the following issues:
1. Strengthen the USA-Israel Alliance and Israel's self -defence powers
2. Revoke Obama's Iran Deal of nuclear power-use sanctions
3. Defend Israel's combatting terrorism
4. Fight against delegitimizing Israel
5. Move USA embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv- (Trump also will do this)
He's also going to:
1. Repeal Obamacare
2. Oppose abortion
3. Immigration reform-border reinforcement
4. Iraq-US presence fighting IS
5. Against normal ties with Cuba (why did Cubans leave -regime terrible)
The Arab American Institute gave him a -2 on issues he voted on:
He voted for the following 4 resolutions:
1. Res 138: UN to rescind the Goldstone report accusing Israel of targeting Palestinian civilians
2. Res. 185: Reaffirming commitment to negotiate settlement of conflict of Israeli-Palestinians, and calling for a veto of any UN resolution on statehood without a settlement.
3. Res. 23: supporting Israel in maintaining defensible borders or returning to armistice lines of 1967
4. S. 723: The Birthright Citizenship Act-limits citizenship for millions of undocumented immigrants born in USA-(own parents had documentation).
Marco Rubio co-sponsored a Resolution for Israeli Self-Defense.
They recognize these facts about Hamas:
1. Founded with goal to destroy Israel
2. Refuses to recognize Israel's right to exist. Will not renounce violence or accept any agreements
3. Control Gaza Strip and fired 900 rockets and missiles this year-increasing from previous 2010 and 2011
4. Democratic Israel has right to self defense against terrorist attacks.
THEREFORE, CONGRESS WILL:
1. UNWAVERING COMMITMENT TO SECURITY OF ISRAEL, A JEWISH DEMOCRATIC STATE TO HAVE SECURE BORDERS AND ITS RIGHT TO ACT IN SELF DEFENSE FOR PROTECTION AGAINST TERRORISTS
URGE UN SECURITY COUNCIL TO:
1. Condemn terrorist missile attacks against Israel
2. Encourage Obama to work diplomatically with international community to stop Hamas and other terrorists from launching rockets and missiles against Israel.
(Source: SR599/HR813 112-SRes599 Nov. 16, 2012.)
His work has not gone unnoticed. Billionaire Norman Braman of Florida backs Rubio. He's been a long time friend and helper. They traveled to Israel together after he was elected to the US Senate in 2010. Another billionaire, Sheldon Adelson, owner of the Israeli newspaper, Israel Hayom, also likes him very much. Sheldon is also a very strong supporter of Israel. .