Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Jews of Israel Among the World's Religions and Countries

Nadene Goldfoot                                                        
Catholic Church, St. Peters in Missouri
First Christian religion 1st Century AD (CE) 

As of 2013, there were 7.125 billion people in the world.
China had 1.357 billion people.  .
The USA had 316.5 million people.
The UK had 64.1 million people. 
LDS-Latter Day Saints Mormon Temple, Bismark, North Dakota
Protestant Christian, started in 1820 in New York with Joseph Smith
a religion that has spread all over the world.  
Did you know that Christianity is the largest world religion with 2 billion people?  It's found in:
1. 49 Roman Catholic countries
2. 20 Protestant countries
3. 12 Eastern orthodox countries.
Total countries: 81
Mosque (Islamic Center) in Detroit, Michigan- began in 610 AD (CE)
  Islam is the 2nd largest in the world with 1.6 billion people.  It's found in:
56 Islamic countries.  As of 2011, I had found 48 Muslim majority countries.  Palestine would be the next one if it is created-which would be in land originally ancient Israel.  

The West Bank is Judea and Samaria.  Judea was the southern part of Israel when it divided in 920 BCE after King Solomon died.  Samaria was the land in Israel of the city and surrounding land of their capital.  95-98% of the Palestinian population lives on 40% of the Judea-Samariaan land, leaving 60% almost unpopulated.  Nablus, the largest Palestinian city in Judea-Samaria is surrounded by undeveloped land.  Most Palestinians in Judea-Samaria live in built-up cities and towns  like Nablus and Tulkarm.  Ramallah, another Palestinian city, is the political and economic center of the Palestinian Authority.  
Hindu Temple, New Delhi, India started between 500 BCE-300 CE
Hinduism is the 3rd largest world religion with 1 billion people.  It's found in 4 Hindu countries. 
Buddhist Temple-statue or image  of Buddha in every temple 

Buddhism is the 4th largest world religion with 376 million people. It started in 6th century BCE
Neveh Shalom Synagogue in Portland, Oregon with 10 Commandments on building
Judaism started in about 2000 -1500 BCE
Judaism is the smallest and the oldest active world religion, with 14 million people and only 1 country- Israel.

 Between 5-6 million Jews make up 2% of the USA population, and 6 million make up Israel who also have 1.7 million Arabs living with them.  In 1948, there were 160,000 Palestinian Arabs who stayed inside Israel's small borders and because they stayed and did not leave, they became citizens of Israel.  Hebrew and Arabic are Israel's 2 official languages.

2 million other Jews are scattered throughout the world, such as France, Great Britain,  South Africa and others.  Jews make up 0.02% of the world population.

Israel is smaller than New Jersey, one of the USA's smallest states, which is 8,729 square miles.  Israel is only made up of 8,019 square miles.  Israel is so small that it can fit into the state of California 19 times.
Deborah, leader and Judge
Before Israel had kings, they had judges.  Deborah was one of them.  King Saul was Israel's first king in the 11th century BCE.  .  King David was the next king and was born about 1010 BCE and died in 970 BCE.  Jews came to the Promised land before they were even Jews.  It was with Abraham and Sarah who lived in the 2nd millennium BCE or about 1948 BCE..  They in turn had the son Isaac and he was the father of Jacob.  After traveling to Egypt during a famine, they stayed longer than expected and wound up as slaves for 400 years.  They returned to their homeland with Moses.  So they have been natives of Israel for over 3,000 years, and this is proven by archaeological and historical evidence as well as the biblical text.
One find of art work from the Byzantine Period of the 6th century CE was a mosaic showing King David playing the lyre.  This was found in the ancient synagogue in GAZA.  The Israel Museum reported about this.  David was said to be a gingy (red-headed).  This mosaic shows this.

There is reported to be 4,200 religions in the world today.  Some of them are: JudaismChristianityIslamBahá'í FaithHinduismTaoismBuddhismSikhismSlavic neopaganismCeltic polytheismHeathenism (German paganism)Semitic neopaganismWiccaKemetism (Egyptian paganism)HellenismItalo-Roman neopaganism.

Resource:  Israel Pocket Facts produced by StandWithUs.

No comments:

Post a Comment